Spring is a season bursting with inspiration and possibilities, and for those of us with birthdays in spring, we know that while the symbolism of spring is quite lovely, the weather isn’t always predictable, so plans for outside parties always require a plan B. Below are a few spring party themes that work both inside and out.
- Decorate with flowers, both real and homemade. Concentrate on seasonal blooms like cherry blossoms and daffodils. Serve cake or punch garnished with edible flowers. Extend the floral theme to invitations and party favors. Enjoying the blossoms of spring is a wonderful way to celebrate a special occasion.
- Center your party around one or more of spring’s many holidays – green food and drink for St. Patrick’s Day, candy, eggs and bunnies for Easter, nature-centered activities for Earth Day, pranks and surprises for April Fool’s Day. The possibilities are endless.
- Enjoy nature! If you're looking for organic inspiration, keep in mind the many beautiful and interesting insects that emerge in the spring. Decorate with cut out butterflies, dragonflies, ladybugs or grasshoppers. For younger guests, provide wearable wings.
- The spring is one of the best times to visit local farms, when baby animals abound. Many farms have facilities available for party rentals. Send guests home with a small stuffed toy representing one of the animals they met that day.
- Inside or out, a gardening party can be great fun. Have guests pot their own flowers to take home, and serve a menu that revolves around fresh vegetables and spring greens.